VCS : Disabling the VCS agent
Other Learning Articles that you may like to read
Free Courses We Offer
Paid Training Courses we Offer
To disable the agent on a system, you must first change the VCS service group to an OFFLINE state. You can stop the application completely, or switch the service group to another system.
To disable the agent
- Determine if the service group is online. At the prompt, type:
# hagrp -state service_group -sys system_name
- If the service group is online, take it offline. At the prompt, type:
# hagrp -switch service_group -to system_name
# hagrp -offline service_group -sys system_name
- Stop the agent on the system. At the prompt, type:
# haagent -stop agent_name -sys system_name
- When you get the message “Please look for messages in the log file,” check the file /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log for a message confirming the agent has stopped.You can also use the ps command to verify that the agent has stopped.
- When the agent has stopped, you can remove the system, the service group, or the resource type from the VCS configuration