Announcement : Beep Beep Beep – Stroage Administration for Unix admin
Announcement 1 : Introduction to Storage Administration at unixadminschool.com
In most of the startups and small scale organizations it is often possible that unix administrators will act as seasonal storage administrators to deal with Netapp and EMC devices. Considering the fact that storage articles might be useful for those folks, we have started posting about storage administration. For past one week , you might have noticed several storage administration articles by Ravi Kiran.And I’m Thankful to Ravi for choosing unixadminschool.com as platform to share his knowledge.
About Ravi Kiran, in his own words:
My name is Ravi Paladugu, I am pursuing doctoral degree in the area of Data Science and currently working as a Storage and Hadoop consultant specializing in Apache Hadoop, EMC and NetApp products, USA.
As a storage consultant I am involved in day-to-day administration, leading projects, performing migrations and automation. I had good opportunity to work with industry leading cutting edge products like Isilon, DataOntap (7-mode and Cluster-mode), Clariion, Celerra, VNX, VMAX, Recoverpoint and multiple data protection technologies. My expertise partially covers Cisco Networking (FC and IP), Windows Administration, performance analysis and scipting. I have been certified as CCNA, MCSE, EMCSA, NCDA.
As a Hadoop consultant I have provided POC’s for couple of environments to deploy Hadoop traditionally and also on EMC Isilon. My experience with Big data includes design, deployment and administration of Hadoop and related components by providing end-to-end data protection and identifying performance bottlenecks in the infrastructure.
Announcement 2 : Introducing Unix Magazine
Just few words about history:
Our main motto at unixadminschool.com is “Bring the unix knowledge closer to you all in more simple and easier way”, , and to meet this goal I have been posting several UNIX administration articles for past 2 years, and during this time I have shared 70% of my knowledge that I have gained in past 12 years of my experience in the industry. ( Don’t worry about the remaining 30% , work in progress, stuff which I want to share once I get my comfort zone there :). Considering the fact that “my knowledge is limited and I can’t be master in every area that you are looking for some help”, I have made this site open to other Unix SME who have enthuse to share their knowledge. And now I want to go one step further to meet unixadminschool.com’s goal with the launch of Unix Magazine.
Everyday in the internet, we see there are several folks who are sharing their unix expertise and knowledge in various platforms like forums, blogs, presentations and videos. As an Unix engineer, I had always appreciated their knowledge whenever i had an opportunity. Now, I have officially launched a place where I can gather, consolidate and present the vast amount UNIX resources available in the public internet space in more “ready-to-use” format, with the help of Unix Magazine.
Visit Unix Magazine
Thanks for supporting us , so far , by sharing our articles to UNIX community. Below is our viewer stats ( Google Analytics) for May-2013
Below is brief trailer about Unix Magazine and what we want to do with this space.