RHEL5/6 Interview Questions : Network Installation
1. Kickstart can be accomplished only by using a PXE server. True or False?
1a. False. A PXE server eases the automation process but isn’t required for kickstart installations to work.
2. What port on the firewall needs to be open for the TFTP server to work?
2a. The TFTP server uses UDP port 69.
3. What three protocols can you use to perform network installations?
3a. Network installations can be performed using the HTTP, FTP, and NFS protocols.
4. Can you create a RAID or LVM partition using kickstart?
4a. Yes. Kickstart supports both basic and advanced partitioning (RAID/LVM).
5. It is possible to run scripts before a kickstart installation. True or False?
5a. True. This is done by defining a %pre section although it is rarely used.
6. What is the name of the section used to run scripts after a kickstart installation?
6a. By defining a %post section, you can run scripts after a kickstart installation is complete.
7. What three components are needed to fully automate a kickstart installation?
7a. By combining a TFTP server, PXE boot, and DHCP server, you can fully automate the kickstart installation process.