RHEL5/6 Interview Questions : FTP
Other Learning Articles that you may like to read
Free Courses We Offer
Paid Training Courses we Offer
1. What is the name of the package used to install an FTP?
1a. The vsftpd package is used to install an FTP server.
2. What command can be used to easily list all the options in the FTP main config file?
2a. The grep –v ^# /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf command shows you all the options currently being used with the FTP server.
3. What option is used to allow anonymous uploads to the FTP server?
3a. The anonymous_enable=YES option in the main config file allows anonymous uploads.
4. What two ports should be opened on the firewall for the FTP server to function properly?
4a. You must open TCP ports 20 and 21 for the FTP server to function properly.
5. What is the /etc/vsftpd/user_list file used for?
5a. The user_list file can be used to limit which users have access to the FTP server.
6. What client-side command can you use to test your FTP server connection?
6a. The lftp command can be used on a client to test FTP server connections.
7. FTP is one of three protocols that can be used for kickstart and/or network installs. True or False?
7a. True. FTP is one of three protocols used for kickstart and/or network installs. The other two protocols are NFS and HTTP.