RHEL5/6 Interview Questions : Linux Installation
Other Learning Articles that you may like to read
Free Courses We Offer
Paid Training Courses we Offer
1. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 supports LUKS encryption. True or False?
1A. False. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 is the only version that officially supports LUKS encryption.
2. In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, SELinux is set to Enforcing by default during the installation. True or False?
2A. True. In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, the default for SELinux is Enforcing duringinstallation (which can be changed after the installation completes). For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, you were able to choose what mode you wanted SELinux to start in.
3. Which remote management service is installed by default? Can you name the port that it uses?
3A. The SSH service is almost always installed by default in Red Hat. It uses TCP port 22, and this port is open on the default firewall rules.
4. You can install software packages only after Red Hat Enterprise Linux is installed. True or False?
4A. False. The package selection screen allows you to install any software you want during the installation process as long as you have access to the correct packages or repositories.
5. The default partition layout includes only basic partitions. True or False?
5A. False. The default partition layout for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or 6 includes the use of LVM.
6. Which file contains all messages generated during installation that can be used for troubleshooting if the need arises?
6A. The install.log.syslog file contains messages that are generated during the installation. If you run into trouble during the installation, this is a good place to start.