We are curious to know your Feedback

1. ANVARDEEN says:

Hi, this is the first time I am entering into your portal, Feeling that I could have visited long back, really your materials are fantastic, and full of knowledge, In my opinion, nobody should miss this portal, well done, and
    keep your efforts

hi Anvardeen, Thanks for your feedback about overall site.

• Ramesh Kommineni says:

haii Ramdevji, Query regarding CRONTAB

complete crontab configuration files in /var/spool/cron/crontabs dir are removed accidentally and we dont have backup . some one told that it is possible to recover crontab files by using log files.Please tell me the process.

Thanks in advance

2. ismail says:

This portal has being a great help to me. Thank you guys for a good job.

3. Nagesh says:

I want to know the apache webserver configuration in solaris including port based.

Thanks in advance

4. S Mahesh says:

This portal is really good….

5. cvijayhpy says:

Hi, Need help in one of the linux server having issue as below.

Error msg : sql-source(DSN_PRD_ODSDB): SQL endpoint reported an unexpected port error

please advice.

please note that on server level port is open

6. Srinivas says:

Hi, this is the first time I am entering into your portal, Feeling that I could have visited long back, really your materials are fantastic and very very helpfull, and full of knowledge, In my opinion, nobody should miss this portal, well done, and keep your effort.

7. Goutam says:

Hello Ramdev, Yupp superb work, the portal is full of knowledge, however i have a query and i would like post it here so that i can get your valuable suggestion, so could you please let me know where i should post my query i am putting it below for now.

8. Goutam says:

Please help me with my below query :

How to install patch and how do u revert back in solaris 10?

9. unixadmschool says:

Hi Goutam, consider to look at these posts related to patching – http://mentorsup.com/blog/category/unix-administration/solaris-admin/solaris-packages/

10. marty says:

For some reason I can’t make a comment on your article about RedHat filesystem problems. I don’t do Linux, but have a couple of unix-general comments/questions.

1) with some versions of unix there at least had been a file with a list of superblocks one might try, which may vary depending on the options one used when creating the filesystem. In the dark past I had success using one of those when the first would not work.

2) as I remember reading the article, at the end it explains how to mount the problem filesystem without doing the fsck, which would be madness on many systems. If you do this I’d rename it to something like /home-needs-to-be-fixed.

3) again, this isn’t my flavor of unix, but you might suggest some useful fsck options, like “fsck -y”, if there are a ton of files to be fixed and one couldn’t take time to note/consider all of them.

As a general comment, it has been interesting to see how this site has evolved and made it much easier to get the information one might want.

11. Any body knows anwser my query?
    any body knows answer my query?

12. vaibhav kanchan says:

I am very thankful to you for making such a knowledge sharing site. I am looking for some document related to redhat cluster in vmware environment. Please let me know if you have released an article on this.

13. i m really appreciated to your blogs………and whenever i have requirement to configure something i just type the unixadminschool.com and search what i want.
    this really very good site for learn every unix admin…………….
    Regards
    Ajaj Khan

14. Nowshath says:

Hi Ramdev, First time I am entering into your portal, Very useful and knowledgeable. I am getting lot of solution for real times problems.
    Thank you so much. can i ask question related to real time problems?

Regards
    Nowshath

15. Mahesh VIjapure says:

Hey i would like to configure mutt so that i can connect to my exchange server instead of local mailbox of the linux system. Pls assist me in this regard.
    Thanks in advance.

16. raj says:

Ram – I’ve been checking your blogs more than 2 years and liked it so much and tried to resolve some of the unix issues in my current project work.Now, I got stuck at point not sure how to proceed further..

I have a control domain with solaris 11 operating system with two interfaces (net0 for netbackup interface & net4 for primary interface) .

The primary interface (net4) is tagged with (137 & 146) VLANs i.e I have to build 5 LDOMs(solaris 10) on 137 vlan (subnet 10.18.139.x) and 5 LDOMS(solairs 10) ON 146 vlan(subnet 10.18.142.x) .

I’ve configured the CD with vcpus,memory,mau’s,consoles, but not with vsw not sure what interfaces to be added here.

Not sure what network interfaces to be enabled in the control domain primary interface. could you great help if you can help me in this..

17. network engineer says:

I have a question and it is really urgent to get the answer
    I have installed redhat enterprise 5. I know that I can configure SMTP mail server locally in the machine except that I don’t know how to do that.
    Please for those who have an idea, please help…
    Thanks in advance..

18. krishna says:

am 50 % done with your aticles to my day to day extents .. thanks Ram..

19. srikanth says:

All documentation seems to be excellent and if you update cloud commuting and big data it would be help full for beginners

20. srinath says:

Hello Ram Dev , your website is really helpfull for learning all the unix abd veritas basics. I am working as storage administrator and we need to perform the migration by using VXVM mirroring, i am not at all familiar with this .And we need to perform those migrations on all flavours of the unix . Can you please share an example to how to setup the mirror by using VXVM , and how to monitor those migrations and how to cleanup the old volumes.

21. Revanth says:

HI Man,

It’s really awesome , I just saw http://mentorsup.com/blog/solaris-learning simply mind-blowing to arrange topics from basic to advance one by one. Looking forward to see other technologies for the same.

22. Vin says:

Amazing website, hard to believe it that I missed for so long. The guy who started this its a real champion. Excellent mate, wonderful.

23. Manob says:

In the Sample Scenario 2 the Recommended Solution part is incomplete. Please complete the same :
    In some cases EDAC errors can be thrown due to a bug in the EDAC kernel module, the kernel, or due to an incompatibility between the system’s chipset and the ?????

Also
    Sample Scenario 5, 6, 7 and 8 has not been answered on the Part 2. If you could share it will be very much helpful.

24. Pramath says:

scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@8,600000/fibre-channel@1/st@3,0 (st17):
    Error for Command: read Error Level: Fatal
    scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Requested Block: 12341 Error Block: 12341
    scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Vendor: IBM Serial Number: 0000000131
    scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Sense Key: Media Error
    scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] ASC: 0x11 (unrecovered read error), ASCQ: 0x0, FRU: 0x6

Request you to explain the above in your blog, what does this error message means in /var/adm/messages.

This site is awesome..it has every thing answered for real time problems .

25. Chandi says:

Super blog… very good all range of learners .. excellent work.. keep it up .
    Thanks for helping people..

26. ritin says:

ZFS recommended patching on mirrored disks there is no zones in server could you please tell me the procedure and steps