RHEL 6 – ISCSI Administration Series – ISCSI Lun resize

1. Elumalai M says:

Hi Ramdev,

Thanks for sharing this steps. I have Question on Step 2.

You already mention it’s a non destructive task. Still I am thinking, When delete and reattach in tid 3 lun 1, normally the connection will be disappear from server to client for this particular LUN. My Question is how this FS(/test-data) is available while performing this operation ?

Thanks in advance for detail.

Hi Elumalia,

I am glad  you asked the question.  The delete option will just remove the in-kernel mappings, but it wont terminate the active  i/o happening between the initiator and the target related to the lun, until the iscsi initiator rediscovers and rebinds to the target as per the new kernel mappings.

Some people complain this functionality as bug and other’s say it is normal behaviour. I chose to believe it is a normal function:)

3. Elumalai M says:

Thanks Ramdev for the explanation.  Now I understood the background action.

One more question
    Any idea ISCSI LUN resize will support from which kernel or RHEL version ?

4. Alok Kumar says:

Hi  Dear Ramdev,

your guide is awesome.
    I hav recently subscribed but while I trying to access some link like- “RHEL 6 – ISCSI Administration Series – Configuring ISCSI Server and Client ” It prompts for user name and password. plz suggest me how to register and get the username & password.

Thank you for such a great effort….!!

Hi alok, there is no user authentication setup for this post. you can access all posts directly, and everything available for public,  please Try the link http://wp.me/p1EO9J-28B

6. Musab says:

Hey RAM, glad to see your blog, how come i did not came on this wonderful site, i’m surprise to great stuff here. Thanks for it. Hope you remember me..

Musab from Kernel