Network Physical Connectivity Check for Solaris and Linux

1. Avatar Yogesh Raheja says:

@All, ndd / kstat / dladm are traditional solaris commands (ndd,dladm only solaris 10) and (kstat solaris 10 and prior), netstat, arp, rarp, snoop, tcpdump most commonly used in Interface/network connectivity issue. Most importantly in Solaris 11, ndd and kstat are going to replaced by a new robost networking model using “IPADM” set of commmands. Its will replace the traditional thinking with very new and robost networking model.

2. Avatar ramdev says:

Thanks to you all for your good points

3. Avatar Vignesh says:

I have 4yrs of experience in Solaris,vcs & vxvm. Now i’m looking for study / prepare another unix favoured OS. Anyone can suggest, future and presently best unix OS.

4. Avatar Yogesh Raheja says:

@Vignesh, I personally suggest you to go with Linux. Solaris + Linux is a very good combination. In today’s industry you will find Linux with every customer to reduce cost for NON-prod. environments. moreover as per industry survey Linux will be in boom for many years from Now.

5. Avatar Vignesh says:

Thanks for your suggestion and supporting us with great Gurukulindia.com

6. Avatar Yogesh Raheja says:

@Vignesh, you are always welcome and many thanks for your trust in us.

7. Avatar Santhu says:

Hi can anyone say how find the NIc cards in solaris 9 on a x86 machine??

8. Avatar Santhu says:

Un configured NIC cards?

9. Avatar santhu says:

Hi can anyone say how find thelist of unconfigured NIC cards in solaris 9 on a x86 machine??

Santhu, I would use “ifconfig -a plumb” , whenever i don’t know the names of unused interfaces. It won’t disturb the existing interfaces but enable all other unconfigured ones. you can later unplumb whatever you don’t want.

10. Avatar santhu says:

Thanx for ur response

1. September 16, 2015

[…] Read – Verifying Physical Connectivity for Solaris and Linux […]

2. September 17, 2015

[…] Read – Verifying Physical Connectivity for Solaris and Linux […]

3. September 18, 2015

[…] Read – Network Physical Connectivity Check for Solaris and Linux […]

What is in your mind, about this post ? Leave a Reply

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers