Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)! – It is SSH thing

1. santhosh says:

Hi Ramdev,

Thanks for your post..i can brush up my skills..

2. Manisekaran says:

Hi Ram,
    Thanks For your effort and postings , which creates lots of ideas and skills.i am requesting to do post for single user mode troubleshooting steps using CD/DVD .

3. bonny says:

Hi Ram,

Many Thanks.

4. Michael says:

Hi Ram an good post ,well said .I have encountered few issues on SSH these ,not limted to few but many one thing adding to this post i would like to present an normal basic thumb rule for effective SSH troubleshooting ,

1)users should be created in small leters,2)users .ssh directory in users home directory shud be neither group or world writable nd be owned by user  ,3)authorized_keys file shud be owned by user and neither group or world writable again ,and 4) primary most thing is the user account should not be locked ,make sure password is set for the user
    5)check for logs in authlog file

@Michael, these 5 would be the 5 base rules for User Management also. Good Points to be noticed every time while playing with User Management.

6. Michael says:

Yes yogesh you are right they are very helpfull with user management