Linux Samba Server integration with Windows Active Directory – Part 2

1. Avatar saranbabu says:

Really thanks for your document, after i got this only i got some idea to integrate samba with windows ads.

2. Avatar Kevin says:

Great article. If a Windows Group has group permission to the SAMBA share and you make a change to that Windows group, add someone, for example; why does it take a reboot of the Linux server to recognize the change? Until you do that, the new Windows user cannot access the share in Linux.

Thanks, Kevin

Hi kevin,

Just wondering, which part of the post you are referring for reboot, Normally, Once we configured the group to samba share, we don’t make any modifications to linux for group related changes like ( adding user, remove user …etc). But we want to add new group information we have to configure back in samba and restart the samba service ( not the linux server) to make the changes effective.

4. Avatar Musab says:

wow wow wow,
    wonderful, have been working on these stuff. gr8 RAM may god bless u for these posts.
    Much obliged

Musab, Thanks for your best wishes.

6. Avatar Kapil says:

I was able to connect my machine to AD; authenticate as well. Still if I need to use windows DL as groups and dont want to add one by one how I need to go?

I am lost and not able to find an answer.

7. Avatar animesh says:

how can i share the winows local drive C in linux server.as linux is my loacal host server.

What is in your mind, about this post ? Leave a Reply

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers